Enquiries and Complaints
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) requires the Trustee to establish arrangements under which members have a right to make enquiries or complaints about the operation or management of the fund. The arrangements established are:
- Enquiries can be made by telephone to 1300 366 657 or in writing.
- Telephone enquiries will be resolved at the time, but if they cannot a written enquiry is necessary.
- Any complaint or enquiry (other than telephone enquiry) must be in writing and addressed to:
Grosvenor Pirie Master Superannuation Fund - Series 2
GPO Box 263
SYDNEY NSW 2001
- As complaints / enquiries are received they will be recorded in a register and acknowledged in writing within five working days.The complaint / enquiries will be investigated and action initiated to resolve the matter.
- A written response will be made as soon as possible but within the 90-day limit prescribed by the regulations.
- The complaint when received will be entered into the Complaints Register.
Superannuation Complaints Tribunal:
For any complaint / enquiry that is unable to be resolved to your satisfaction, the Government has established the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal. This tribunal is located in Melbourne at:
Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
Locked Bag 3060
GPO MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Telephone : 1300 780 808
The tribunal is intended to be informal and easy to use. It will provide for fair, economical and quick conciliation or review of complaints. Complaints may be submitted by either current or former members, and their beneficiaries, and will largely be dealt with by correspondence.
The tribunal can deal with any complaint related to a decision, or a failure to make a decision by a trustee, or a person acting for a trustee, in relation to a particular individual.
The tribunal will not deal with complaints about the management of a fund generally, or investment strategy.
Further information on the function of the tribunal can be obtained by contacting the tribunal direct.